a blog for EDCI 335 and 339

edci335

Blog Post #3

The second prompt works so well for this post because I was just discussing how to make the delivery of activities more flexible with my learning pod. Our original blueprint was planned to deliver in-person instruction to students but in our feedback, Colin asked us to discuss how we could incorporate more technology into our plan in the event in-person teaching was not an option. We had a discussion and decided that it suited our dance unit to deliver video instructions to students for the bulk of the teaching components and provide opportunities for small group collaboration with the teacher and students via zoom. The final showcase of dances can be showcased on Padlet so students can interact with each other’s dance routines from the safety of their homes. The dance routines themselves may look a little different because of the pandemic but students could showcase clips of their group members dancing side by side or show one person at a time. I feel like due to this generation’s depth of knowledge when it comes to technology students will rise to meet this challenge rather than avoid it. 

By considering different ways to deliver instruction also made me realize that this may remove barriers for some students. As someone who is not a great dancer (me), dancing, in public, in front of my peers would absolutely horrify me. By allowing students to video themselves dancing they can practice as many times as they like until they are happy with the video and post a recording they feel comfortable with- removing the terror of performing live. If a student did not feel comfortable with peers viewing their video at all it could just be sent to the teacher for assessment. It goes to show thinking about different ways to deliver a lesson may not only allow you to work around a problem like a global pandemic but also may benefit students in a variety of ways.